Verified Reviewer

My Ziply Fiber billing of 12/04/21 indicated my payment had not been received for the previous month's service, and so I was charged again for that service period as well as the current service period, plus late fees. I checked my bank statement and found that they had cashed my check for that so-called missed payment before the due date, proving they had indeed received my check and received it on time.

I wrote a detailed letter of explanation and sent it with a copy of the cleared check, enclosing my regular payment for the current service period, fully believing that that would take care of it. The next month (01/04/22) same thing - this billing still charged for that November "missed payment", again with additional late fees. I called the customer service/billing department and spoke with a very nice lady there. Bottom line: "collections" still insisted they had not received my payment and "there is nothing we can do".

After being on hold a long time to speak to her supervisor, she said her supervisor, Louie, would have to call me back that same day. Of course, no call was received. So, I mailed in my regular payment then, minus the amount they said I had not paid plus late fees, and a second letter of explanation (attaching a copy of my first letter containing a photocopy of my cleared check) to Ziply Fiber, so that my payment for the current service period would not be late. I am shocked that my first letter was completely disregarded, as was my bank's proof of payment via the cleared check!

This makes no sense at all! - I have tried to contact someone at Ziply Fiber at their corporate headquarters multiple times only to have the phone ring once or twice then switch to a busy signal. I also tried to call Northwest Fiber, who shares the same physical address as Ziply Fiber's corporate headquarters, only to get a recording indicating "WAVE Capital" not Northwest Fiber. Very strange, since WAVE would seem to be a competitor.

I have had no luck trying to contact an actual Ziply Fiber person of standing with which to discuss this ridiculous billing. I think it is time to change!

User's recommendation: Avoid these people like the plague!

Preferred solution: Response to my letters and copy of the cleared check that prove, and a current billing that reflects, that I have made all payments, and that payments via physical checks were cashed by Ziply Fiber and were made on time..

Location: Snohomish, Washington

Comments

I am encouraged! Not long after I posted this review in extreme frustration, I was contacted by a very nice gentleman from Corporate Relations at Ziply Fiber who has been of immense help.

after he contacted me through a serendipity of incidents, I have forwarded my documentation to him and am confident that the necessary corrections to my account will be made. I also re-learned something in my old age: there are always people willing to help if you can just reach them. I would suggest that Ziply Fiber look into areas where they can improve communication avenues and eliminate practices that only contribute to problems like I and others have experienced.

So, at this point, I would like to correct my recommendation to read: "Just keep good records". There are folks at the other end of our frustrations who are just like us and eager and willing to help if they can be contacted.

Ziply Fiber Reviews